A little to moderate levels of exercise can undoubtedly help you out a great deal. If you workout for as little as just 2 hours/ week, then you’ll end up significantly lowering your risk of contracting any disease. Also, it can moderately have an impact on your body weight. This is according to research by various health experts. Treadmills & stair-climbing machines happen to be two of the most common pieces of equipment for having an efficient cardiovascular workout. Using a treadmill, jogging, or, walking can result in burning fewer calories compared to a stair-climber. However, if you run at a higher intensity & pace, then it will help in burning more than that of using the stairs.
The number of calories you burn also depends on your fitness level & your overall body weight. If you feel as though, it is easier for you to run, because, you might be running a lot, hence, you’d find it to be a lot easier. Whereas, in such a case, the stairs might help you in burning more calories & vice versa. All you need to do is, make changes to the type of activity you perform, for increasing the number of calories you burn. Moreover, the heavier you tend to be, the greater will the number of calories you end up burning during your workout sessions. Because due to your greater body weight, you will be required to work harder to move your weight. As a result, you end up losing more fat & get fitter in the process.
StairMaster is a tool that is specially designed for next-gen fitness fanatics. Thanks to its tech-savvy console, wide range of options for programs & space-saving design, these exercise machines will be able to provide you very good potential. The StairMaster happens to be a more effective way to strengthen and tone your legs, thighs, and butt. Not only are the health benefits of using this machines clearly visible upon usage, on the body, rather, they are also very beneficial for your heart as well. Because, when you use the StairMaster, your heart-rate increases rapidly, during the course of your exercise sessions. Hence, in time, your heart becomes quite strong, resulting in significantly improving your cardiovascular health.
As you use the stairs, you’re essentially climbing upwards & more importantly, you’re performing resistance cardio sessions. This is exactly why the usage of stairs is recommended by various strength training coaches. The stairs also happen to be quite effective if you’re focused on losing fat. Since this happens to be a low-impact workout, therefore; StairMaster is relatively gentle on your joints, this can specifically aid you for exercising longer & more often.
You can learn more about fat loss using StairMaster from this tutorial –
- With the StairMaster, you can change the speed of the machine to adjust each workout to your current level of fitness.
- With each step, you are defying gravity and moving upwards. This physical activity improves mental toughness.
- Stair climbing has been proven to reduce feelings of anxiety and depression.
- Climbing the stairs also happens to be a lower impact exercise regime. The StairMaster tends to work on your feet, knees & shins much less compared to other cardio workouts, for example; running.
- The StairMaster can help you to burn calories very swiftly during the course of your workout sessions. If you workout for just half an hour, maintaining moderate intensity of climbing, then, you’ll be able to burn greater than 280 calories.
- Repeated cardio exercise using the StairMaster significantly helps you in improving your heart health.
- Requires a period of adaptation before getting used to the movement.
- Monotonous: less possible variations when compared with other machines.
- Usually not well tolerated by those with back issues because of the often inclined position.
- No impacts on articulations.
Image Source: searspartsdirect.com
There are various types of pieces of equipment for your home gym available on the market nowadays. As pieces of equipment in your home gym can tend to be on the pricier side as well, so, it can turn out to be difficult to choose the ideal one, that would be best suited for your needs. For you’re someone, who’s looking to get into proper shape, then, treadmills should undoubtedly be the preferred choice when it comes to your home gym equipment.
As you keep running on a treadmill, the fat within your body will be burned & this will be converted to produce energy. The fat in your body is the storage of glycogen. While you run, this glycogen gets converts to glucose & the glucose is in turn converted to calories. Hence, you lose belly fat, you end up becoming slim, thus; losing weight in the process. If you happen to be overweight, then you can go for a sturdy treadmill, this will help you in losing weight otherwise, it might not be able to withstand your weight & may not last for long.
To know more about the importance of a treadmill in your fat loss journey watch this tutorial –
- It will be a whole lot easier for you to use & walk on the belt at a different speed or incline levels based on your requirement.
- You can also go for treadmills that happen to be foldable & ones that can also be operated manually, without the need for using an external power source. Therefore, you won’t have to go through the trouble of using electricity, every time you use the treadmill.
- Aside from burning fat, muscles and bones are strengthened by the regular use of the treadmill.
- Mental health is improved because of the better circulation of blood and oxygen to the brain.
- Sophisticated and electric treadmills can be programmed to indicate targets that need to be reached on a certain day.
- Some treadmills consist of specially designed calorie trackers, these will provide you with an idea of how many calories you have burned during your workout sessions. Hence, enable you to make the judgment as to what you must do for meeting the target.
- Treadmills are large pieces of equipment and you need a large room or garage to put it in.
- You will need professional maintenance and repairs.
- Wherever you put the treadmill know that it makes a lot of noise.
- Treadmills are quite expensive, and a decent model will require a huge investment.
Image Source: repair.gartex.co.ke
Verdict for fat loss between StairMaster & Treadmill
If you’re planning on losing excessive fat at a faster rate, then, the treadmill would be the ideal exercise equipment to meet your needs. Also, a treadmill allows you to have a rather skinny-fat physique. However, using the treadmill means. you’ll end up losing muscle mass. You will be required to maintain consistency for each of your cardio sessions to effectively keeping your weight off.
On the other hand, if you plan on maintaining overall, good fitness, then, the StairMaster would have the upper hand. If you work out using a StairMaster, then it wouldn’t only help you in burning calories more effectively, rather, it is also very capable of serving you low to moderately intensified workout sessions. When it comes to having lean muscles, the StairMaster definitely is the clear winner here. Added to that, if you focus on maintaining a clean diet, then, the StairMaster workout sessions will be even easier & a more sustainable choice compared to that of the treadmill.
Differences between StairMaster & Treadmill
If you’re into running in the streets, then it poses greater chances of a potential foot injury. Also, you’ll have to overcome motor traffic as well as debris & uneven terrains. Keeping fit, that too within the comfort & security of your home is one of the best things you can do for your body. Treadmills and stepper machines have great potential in making you lose fat. We especially like their minimal space requirements, adjustability, and effectiveness. Moreover, for effective shock-absorption, these machines consist of a flat surface, which helps in reducing the risk of you falling abruptly.
The difference between the Stairmaster and a treadmill is the resistance.
You are climbing a residual hill with the StairMaster, but you are “running” down a street with a treadmill. We have created a table below so that you can compare their differences and select the equipment which is best for your fat loss journey.
Image Source: cardiozero.com
F. A. Q.s
Q1. Is climbing stairs better than running?
Ans.: Sprinting & stair climbing are considered very effective forms of exercise regimes. These workouts can also provide you with the benefits of aerobic exercises & help you in toning your muscles on your buttocks & legs. Although, climbing the stairs offers more benefits compared to that of either running or just walking. Stair climbing aids you in building muscles within your lower body & helps you in burning calories as well.
As walking & sprint, your body tends to moves in a horizontal motion. Whereas, during the course of running, your body will be moving through movements that are slightly vertical. Although, as you proceed with climbing the stairs, your muscles are required to resist the pull of gravity and have to move in a vertical motion. Therefore, as you proceed with moving your body vertically, this results in work being on your lower body.
Watch this tutorial to learn more –
Q2. What are the levels on a StairMaster?
Ans.: Most machines allow you to pick a level between 1 and 20, with each level representing a different speed. At the lowest speed, you climb about 24 steps per minute. At the highest speed, you climb about 162 st