The regular seat that comes with the bike are often very hard and after a couple of hours of cycling makes the rider uncomfortable. Either the saddles are too hard to sit on or they are so soft that in the end they are no good to the users. That’s why saddle covers were introduced to alleviate the soreness and numbness.
After scanning a lot of reviews and a couple of hours of studying, we are able to present you the best gel padded bike seat covers you can find in the market. And we have chosen the Zacro Gel Seat Cover as the topper among our selections.
The Zacro Gel Bike Seat Cover stands top beating all other covers for providing comfort and support to the user. It is very comfortable as it is made from the best quality gel material which can absorb almost any unexpected shocks. Easy installation, comfortable and soft. Comes with water and dust resistant cover. Fits on spin bikes, indoor cycling.
L x W (inches): 11 x 7 (for narrow seats), weight: 200 grams
For wider seats: Buy Zacro Gel Bike Seat Cover (11.4 x 10.4 inches)
Take a look at the chart to quickly get a basic idea:
Wide: 279 x 254
Wide: 279 x 254
6 best gel padded bike seat covers you can buy today
1. Zacro Gel Bike Seat Cover
– Best rated. Good for Road/MTB
- Weight(gm): 200
- Dimensions(mm): 280×190
- Color: Black, Blue
- A cover made from the best gel material you can find in the market.
- The cover will absorb most of the shocks while prolonged cycling or exploring new grounds.
- Quick to mount and easy to use.
- A water and dust resistant cover will come with the saddle.
- A worse cover for Peloton (Exercise Bike Brand) bike seats.
- The side material is rough which might be unappealing to some users.
2. Domain cycling cover
– Good for road bike
- Weight(gm): 254
- Dimensions(mm): 266 x 176
- Color: Black, Purple, Pink
- You will feel as if there is nothing on top of your saddle because it will fit very smoothly.
- An excellent choice for Spinning, Exercise and Outdoor bikes.
- The rough below part will help to keep the cover attached to the saddle.
- Reasonably padded with Silicone gel that will make your ride very comfortable.
- Lycra material on top of the cover.
- A 100% money back guarantee will be provided.
- The gel may shrunk over time due to overheat.Side texturing of the cover might cause chaffing. Not suitable for Peloton bikes.
3. SuperSo premium
– Good for Mountain bikes
- Weight(gm): 340
- Dimensions(mm): Narrow: 282 x 180, Wide: 279 x 254
- Color: Black
- Very versatile cover for mountain bike saddles.
- The cover features a groove which will help to pass airflow in case your saddle does not contain any.
- In the interest of the user, this cover comes in 2 sizes.
- Thick padding will remove all your pain and shocks in not time.
- Package includes a pouch bag, a wristband and biking guide.
- A 3-years money back guarantee will be provided.
- There are complaints about displacement of the saddle while riding.
- May not add the best comfort for older people.
– For exercise bike
- Weight(gm): 349
- Dimensions(mm): 279 x 254 x 25
- Color: Black, Blue, Purple, Red
- This saddle will reduce pain not only from your bottom but also from your back.
- No more worries of the next day soreness, this saddle won’t let the pain to get in your ride.
- The cover features anti-skid back material which helps the cover to stick to the saddle.
- The small indentation keeps your private parts comfortable.
- Company offers 60-days money back guarantee.
- Fits most of the cruiser and wide saddles, not for narrow seats.
- The edges are rough, they will rub your legs uneasily.
- No matter how tight the tension strap is, it will still move on the saddle.
5. Zacro Oversize Cover
– For spin bike
- Weight(gm): 358
- Dimensions(mm): 277 x 252
- Color: Black, Red, Purple
- No need to worry about soreness and acute shocks as this cover is densely padded with gel.
- The drawstring fastening system is very effective.
- The non-slip bottom keeps the saddle in place in aggressive situations.
- A water and dust resistant cover will be provided.
- Plenty of colors you can choose from.
- Easy mounting system.
- Will not adjust narrow seats.
- If you are looking for heavily padded cover then don’t go for this cover.
6. Fitivate Bike Seat Cover
– Best for Peloton bike
- Weight(gm): 214
- Dimensions(mm): 279 x 177
- Color: Black
- A cover that fits most of the narrow seats yet also adjustable for Peloton bike seats.
- The anti-slip below part adds more grips.
- Enjoy a painless and fun cycling as the cover has a moderate amount of padding.
- Hollow and breathable design.
- Will fit almost any type of bike saddle i.e. electric bike saddle.
- As a bonus a water and dust resistant cover will be given.
- Will not fit much wider saddles.
- The wobbly lumps at the rear sitting area might not be suitable for some riders.
What makes a gel cover comfortable?
The comfort ability of the saddle cover depends on the quality of the parts that the cover consist of. The external material of the cover, the padding material and the draw strings, these are the three parts which basically set the comfortableness of the cover.
Lycra or Spandex are the materials which are mostly used on bike seat covers. These materials make the cover strong and durable, concurrently make it lighter. This also makes the cover easily cleanable.
As we are discussing about gel seat covers, it is obvious that they should be padded with gel. Most of the time the covers are padded with gel, but sometimes they can be padded with Silica gel or memory foam or whatsoever. The soft gel padding helps the cover to mold with the original saddle.
Most of the covers are suitable for all types and sizes of bike seats as they can be stretched or tighten with the help of the draw strings. Because of them the covers do not slip off the saddle.
Is it necessary to have a groove on the cover?
Judging by our research and experience, most of the saddle covers come in shapes which have either a cavernous or a shallow groove. But sometimes the cover may not contain such shapes.
It is good to have a groove no matter how shallow it is because it helps to pass airflow. For large and heavy riders, a wide seat cover designed with a smartly placed center groove will bring enormous pleasure to the rider.
Sometimes there cover designs which have two lumps of gel at the rear sitting edges. Although they made this type of design considering comfort but after trying this type of cover riders found it not so supportive. It felt like you were sitting on squashy plastic eggs.
Are there Any Specific Variants for Men & Women Bike Seat Cover?
There are no specific variants for men and women when it comes to choosing bike seat cover. Rather it depends mostly on your personal preference.
As men have pelvic bones that are much closer together, so it means that he will need a narrow or standard size seat cover. On the other hand, women pick wider seat covers for the shapes of their hips.
Again for a fat rider with a large bottom, it is better to go for a wide seat cover weather the user is a male or female. Wider seat covers are generally used for exercise and spinning bikes.
Last update on 2020-02-18 at 10:34 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API