After having spent countless hours on a search for the most comfortable bike seat for overweight and big bottom individuals, we found that the Sunlite Cloud-9 Bicycle Saddle topped most.
The most comfortable bike seat money can buy for overweight and big bottom riders
A saddle made for riders who are searching for serious comfort and softness. Dual-dense foam with gel padding, chrome made spring suspension, expertly placed vents; all these features the riders really enjoyable, and bump favour rides in any weather condition (waterproof) of the roads. Saddles that are highly comfortable are not always durable. It is famous for its durability. And you can set this saddle to any seat post.
Dimensions: 9.6 x 9.6 x 6.3 inches
Weight: 1451.5 grams
Best for: Beach cruising, Recreational riding
Usually, the big bottom riders can be put into the category of overweight riders. For their weight, they put a lot of pressure on the saddle. If the saddle is a regular saddle, there will be excess weight and pressure on such a tiny area. So, considering the weight and size of overweight and big bottom riders, we had to choose saddles very carefully for them. At the same time, we had to ensure that the saddles must be durable enough to carry all the pressure.
Here is our list of the most comfortable bike saddles that we’ve chosen for the overweight and big bottom riders:
|Bike Seat/Seat Cover||Best for|
|Sunlite Cloud-9||Cruising or recreational riding|
|Bikeroo Saddle for Men||MTB, Hybrid and Exercise Bike|
|YLG||For overweight female cyclists|
|Schwinn Noseless Saddle||Plus size rider (300 lb men)|
|Bikeroo Oversized Saddle||Indoor Exercise Bike|
|Brooks B190||Heavy commuting/city riding|
|Brooks B17||Touring and road cycling for Clydesdales|
|Selle X1||Mountain biking|
|Sunlite Backrest Saddle||Cruiser saddle with backrest|
|Zacro Seat Cover (Big)||Cruiser & Stationery, Indoor Cycling, Spinning|
|Domain Cycling Cover (Narrow)||Spin Class or Outdoor Biking|
1. Cloud-9: For cruising or recreational riding
- Weight: 1450 gm
- Dimensions: 242 x 242 x 160 mm
- Color: Black
- Cover material: Lycra
- For a big bottom rider, the saddle offers dual-density foam padding to keep him comfortable all the way.
- A wide cushy saddle to hold that extra bottom.
- It will make you feel easy and relax even on a bumpy road as the saddle has Chrome coil spring suspension.
- Universal fit, adjustable with any bike.
- The seat cover is waterproof.
- Because of the wider rails, the saddle may not fit all types of bikes.
- Stiff springs can make a heavy person uneasy.
- Also need to adjust the handlebar reach as the saddle lifts you up a little bit.
- If you like a moderately padded saddle, then don’t go for this saddle.
The Cloud-9 will mould eventually as you ride more on this and will limit your discomfort over time. Highly recommended by people, especially suggested by oversized riders. It allows prolonged cycling on rainy weather as the cover is waterproof.
2. Bikeroo Saddle for Men: For MTB, Hybrid and Exercise Bike
- Weight: 544 gm
- Dimensions: 259 x 178 x 99 mm
- Color: Black
- Cover material: Articifial Leather
- The thick layer of soft padding is made especially for removing your seat bone pain immediately.
- An extra-large saddle for oversized riders.
- An extra-ordinary multi-purpose saddle for MTB, Hybrid, and Stationary Exercise Bikes.
- It will provide you a complete package i.e. a waterproof cover, a universal seat adapter, a mounting tool, and instruction paper.
- Offers a 60- days money-back guarantee, which is great.
- Low-grade material beneath the saddle.
- You may slide off for aggressive movement.
If you’re searching for a saddle that will give you a long ride with ultimate comfort, this saddle is for you. This saddle is designed in such a way that it will support your anatomical area. Choosing a wrong saddle can arise a lot of problems, from back pain to erectile dysfunction. This cut-out style and ergonomically designed saddle will save you from all kinds of chaffing, backpain, and prostate-related problems. Though this saddle is designed for men, women can also use this saddle.
3. YLG: For overweight female cyclists
- Weight: 1384 gm
- Dimensions: 270 x 339 x 194 mm
- Color: Black with blue edge
- Cover material: PVC Leather
- A super comfortable bike seat made only for considering women’s comfort.
- The thick padding of high-density memory foam and the soft gel inside the saddle.
- Shakeproof and waterproof PVC layer on top.
- A breathable design engineered to adjust and keep your bum in place.
- Feel more stable and shock-free on bumpy trails for the rear dual rubber springs.
- The reflective sticker around the saddle will ensure a risk-free ride at night.
- Mounting instruction, mounting tools, and a saddle adapter will be provided with the seat.
- For the universal design, it will fit almost any bike.
- Offers a 90-days return and refund policy.
- The saddle may shift with your weight while riding.
- Springs make the saddle a little too bouncy.
- The ridges will be the areas where you will be sitting most rather than the actual sitting area, this is pretty awkward.
- Springs might get loose because of poor build quality.
- May not fit some bikes.
The YLG saddle is great for big male and female riders when it comes to preventing soreness. The snub-nose design will lower the pressure on your sensitive parts. As it is designed mainly for women, it might not be the most comfortable saddle for a man. In fact, the sloppy nose directing upward will cut into the man parts.
4. Schwinn: Nose-less saddle for plus size rider (300 lb men)
- Weight: 839 gm
- Dimensions: 175 x 190 x 100 mm
- Color: Black
- Cover: Weather-resistant fabric
- This saddle limits the pressure point contacts in your private area.
- Access free movement between your legs.
- The thick padding is made with soft foam that will reduce stress on the sit bones.
- Designed to adjust almost any standard bikes.
- Weather-resistant seat cover.
- The very durable cover material can roughly use for years.
- May slide off the saddle as there is no front nose.
- Not designed to fit a piece of exercise equipment.
- The saddle is fragile, not durable.
- The edges are not round enough for carrying a bigger butt.
The Schwinn is an American brand was founded in 1895. The name is iconic for making quality and innovative saddles and bikes. You will find no other noseless saddle that can provide support like this one. A great saddle for relieving leg muscle pain for continuous cycling.
5. Bikeroo Oversized Saddle: Oversized bike seat
- Weight: ~1250 gm
- Dimensions: 259 x 240 mm
- Color: Black
- Cover material: Synthetic elasticated rubber
- Very wide saddle with high-quality memory foam padding.
- Dual elastomer springs not only absorbs the bumps on the road but also removes the overall discomfort.
- The centre cut-out features extensive airflow for heavy commuters.
- A universal standard rail mounting system will adjust almost all types of bikes.
- It can be used as an indoor bike saddle.
- The package also includes an adapter, mounting tools, and a waterproof seat cover.
- The regrettable thing is the seat has only a single nut to held together with the post which is at the same time can be dangerous.
- The front plastic shell under the seat can break easily.
- The short front makes lady parts unstable.
Despite having some negative effects, this saddle is still a great saddle for fatty riders with big butts. The saddle is very exceptional for its soft cushioning. The memory foam plays a significant role in making the saddle very soft and spongy. If you have a large bottom and you are thinking of buying this saddle, then you have made a fair decision.
6. Brooks B190: For heavy commuting/city riding
- Weight: 1850 gm
- Dimensions: 324 x 249 x 135 mm
- Color: Black
- Cover material: Vegetable tan leather
- A newly shaped heavy duty saddle made in England.
- Original vegetable tan leather cover.
- Double spring coils are able to resist any severe shocks while carrying extra weight.
- Adding to that a double loop front spring which balances the front pressure on a bumpy road.
- A relatively large top for wide bottoms.
- Tubular rivets made of Steel.
- A 2 years product guarantee will be provided and you can get an extended warranty of 10 years if you register your product at their website.
- Not waterproof like other Brooks leather saddles.
- Substantially heavier saddle (almost 2 kg).
- Proper maintenance is needed and has to apply Proofide (Brooks leather conditioner) on a regular schedule.
The B190 is the new heavy-duty saddle from Brooks yet it does not neglect the classical look. A very durable saddle featuring double coil springs at the back and a front loop spring. This saddle is able to handle the extra load and pressure keeping the rider comfy for the whole ride.
7. Brooks B17: For touring and road cycling for Clydesdales
- Weight: 520 gm
- Dimensions: 275 x 175 x 65 mm
- Color: Black, Brown, Honey, Red
- Cover material: Vegetable tan leather
- The most renowned model from Brooks, ruling the saddle industry for over 100 years.
- You will feel very comfortable as the top is made from vegetable tan leather.
- Features tubular rivets which are made of Steel.
- The standard version comes with Chrome plating Steel rails, but if you can spend a little bit more money you can choose Titanium rails.
- A waterproof seat cover and a mounting tool will be provided.
- You will get a 2 years product guarantee and the company also awards 10 years of extended warranty for registered customers.
- Longer break-in period usually takes 200-300 miles.
- Proper care is needed and has to apply Proofide at least 2 times in a year.
- Although we are considering saddles for big bottom riders I can not but agree that, it is relatively heavy for touring or road cycling.
- Not waterproof.
In spite of having a problem with the break-in period, the B17 hits rock bottom as a saddle. When you are done with the break-in period you do not want to switch your saddle. Some people even stick to this saddle for around 10 to 12 years which proves its durability. There is also a woman’s variant which is the B17 S model.
8. Selle Anatomica X1: For mountain biking
- Weight: 515 gm
- Dimensions: 292 x 182 x 75 mm
- Color: Black Gunmetal, Black Copper, Oxblood Gunmetal, Oxblood Copper
- Cover material: Full grain leather
- Most popular model from Selle for providing unmatched comfort.
- Full-Grain leather on the top of the saddle made in the USA.
- Watershed cover reinforced with patented laminate design.
- The cover is supported by a stiffer layer attached to the underside.
- Find comfort in the patented Flex-Fly slot which moves with you.
- The slot plays serious responsibility for relieving perineal discomfort.
- Support Hex key Tension system.
- Rails are made of 4130 Chromoly Steel very much suitable for the fore/aft movement of your saddle.
- You can choose real Copper rivets but that is an optional investment.
- Offers a 30- day guarantee.
- You have to deal with the break-in period, not comfortable from day one.
- The saddle might make a squeaky sound while pedalling.
- There is a possibility that the saddle may bend when you put extra load on it.
- Proper maintenance and care is needed and may need to oil the underside of the saddle.
The Selle X1 is no doubt a remarkable saddle for MTB. Most people also prefer this saddle as their regular saddle. Although a lot of big bottom people are using this saddle for mountain biking we do not suggest this saddle for riders who are just unbelievably heavyweight ( 250-300 lbs). If you are looking for a saddle which can handle that type of heavy load you should go for Selle Anatomica H1 as the company justified that its leather weight limit is 250 lbs
9. Sunlite Backrest Saddle: Cruiser saddle with backrest
- Weight: 1630 gm
- Dimensions: Base: 228 x 279 mm, Backrest: 139 x 177 mm
- Color: Black
- Cover material: Durable vinyl
- It provides additional support for heavy riders who want a comfortable ride.
- Additional comfort in the back and lumbar area.
- This saddle was made to suit riders who like to lean back on the saddle.
- For trikes/tricycles, this saddle can be used as an additional saddle.
- The most exciting part is the adjustable backrest which can move up and down to 3 inches maximum.
- Although it is mentioned that this saddle can handle 350 lbs of load but it is best to provide not more than 275 lbs.
- The shape of the base is not round enough to hold your bum.
- For oversize riders, they might slide forward as the backrest is not large enough.
- Cheap build quality.
There can be another saddle with backrest in the market, but this saddle is our top pick. For oversized people, this saddle offers great support on their back which also helps them to balance the overall weight for prolonged hours of cycling. It is also padded enough to avoid sit bone pain.
10. Zacro: Big Size Cover
- Weight: 358 gm
- Dimensions: 277 x 252 mm
- Color: Black, Red, Purple
- A thick gel saddle cover ideal for absorbing the most painful and severe shocks.
- The effective drawstring fastening system and non-slip bottom will stick to the saddle when there is aggressive movement.
- It comes with water and dust resistant cover.
- It offers various fancy colours to choose from.
- A low-cost solution for maximum comfort.
- Easy to mount.
- This particular cover is for wide seats only, will not fit narrow seats.
- It is not an over padded cover, so you still might find your saddle hard.
Are you tired of cycling? Tired of feeling uncomfortable? Then this cover will heal all your pain while cycling. It can be your best solution for a small investment. This cover will recover your painful and unbearable cycling situation for sure.
11. Domain Cycling: Narrow saddle cover
As the Zacro seat cover can only be fitted with a wide saddle, so if you still want to go for a relatively narrow cover for your oversized bottom you can check the Domain Cycling Seat Cover.
Buying Guide (How to Choose Saddles for Heavy Riders)
The overall comfort for a rider is determined by the kind of suspensions the bike has under the seat. This absorbs most of the impact from the body, especially when riding along rough trails. Suspensions are mostly made of movable springs that allow the seat to level up when sat on. Some bike saddles will come with suspensions while others such as bike covers will not. These will depend on the stock saddle. The better the suspension, the better the saddle will be.
The right price for the right saddle is like hitting the jackpot. Going for expensive saddles will work for you if you are not worried about spending too much on the same qualities provided by a reasonably priced one. It is important to note that pricey saddles may not exactly be right for you. Cheap ones may even be worse. Knowing what you want in your item will help you gauge the right price for the item. You will find that most moderately priced saddles provide the same qualities an expensive one that is selling the brand is providing. Most saddles will cost between $15 and $100. The end may be too much for a beginner, and so those that range between $15 and $30 is perfect.
It is inevitable that your thighs will rub against the saddle when you’re riding for very long periods of time. You will want to reduce this contact point as much as possible. Slimmer riders can manage this entirely by choosing very narrow saddles. Overweight riders will have a smaller thigh gap which makes friction a real issue. It is wise that you go for saddles that have a narrow nose so as to ensure that the friction between the thighs and the seat is reduced significantly if not entirely.
Riding causes constant motions, and this gets harder when you have an intense workout. This is also a nightmare if you are not wearing the right attire which softens the friction between the thighs and the saddle. A very narrow nose will have to come with a seat that has a smaller base. This is not a comfortable saddle since it affects the pressure when seated. You will need to consider both in tandem so as to hit the best compromise. Some seats are noseless. These are for people that have issues with the prostate. These saddles (noseless) can be considered if the standard saddles are too painful to work with. The first two options on our list have a nose that is not only narrow but slightly bent allowing you to lean back and forward without much strain to the inner thigh.
Saddles without a recession or groove are okay for female riders who may not need as much space and ventilation as the men during riding. Men need a recessed seat so as to allow for ventilation and comfort. Seats that come with a groove were considered to be the best in this case as the friction between the sensitive areas and the seat was reduced.
Riding for long distances applies pressure on the male anatomy which can bring about soreness and pain. This also comes in very handy for people with prostate issues. Noseless seats may be ideal in the end for people with prostate conditions.
Some of the best saddles may have a hole entirely. It may be difficult to get these on heavily padded saddles that have a wider base than usual. Taking time to pick a seat that provides as much space for your anatomy is important.
It’s for this reason that the seat cover comes last since the recessed groove is not as big as that of the first two saddles. Overweight people may not spend as much time on the bike as pros but will have used as much pressure as riding for long hours within a very short period due to the weight.
The width of the base
The base of the saddle determines the overall comfort of the rider. The base is what supports the whole body and handles the pressure from the ‘butt’ bones. The more the pressure, the more uncomfortable the seat will be. A wider saddle will provide more surface area providing more comfort for the user. This also affects the nose which means that the seat cannot be too wide otherwise cycling will be a struggle. A good compromise will mean getting a good saddle base while getting a narrow enough nose for cycling purposes.
All our candidates come with a good base that allows the body to spread as much bodyweight across them thus reducing soreness after riding for a long period of time. This, of course, works in tandem with the padding and the type of material ensuring that you do not slide all over the seat while riding. The padding reduces the pressure points by absorbing the pressure created by the sit bones.
The seat cover is often the least thought about part of a saddle. It is one of the most important parts since it determines the longevity of the saddle as well as the ventilation. It also affects traction between the body and the saddle. The right kind of cover will give you value for your money. It is wise that you pick materials that will outlast the pressure and the friction that will be applied to your body. Leather always tops most since it breathes well as well as lasts long. You will also enjoy the fact that it will not slide awkwardly when riding your bike.
A good saddle cover will also provide a certain aesthetic value since it affects the overall finish. You want a saddle that accentuates the look of your bike in the long run which again makes leather an excellent option. This may not be so when it comes to seat covers because they are made using slightly elastic materials. Even this should be durable and snuggly enough to work for your current saddle.
The bike saddle mounts need to be considered so as to ensure that you get a saddle that works for you. This is what makes buying saddles online a huge risk. You cannot buy saddles online unless you are very sure that it will be a perfect fit for your bike. The mounting needs to agree with your existing one well enough to save time and avoid unnecessary customizations that may cost money and damage the present bike mounts. Taking your bike to the store will allow you to pick saddles that work with yours.
Picking saddles that work with most mounts are preferable if you are not sure of the kind of fit you may have. Some will simply not agree with most high-end saddles designed for specific bikes. It is at this point that seat covers are ideal. A seat cover will not be affected by the kind of mounts that you have. It will, however, be affected by the shape of the saddle. Some seat covers will not work with a very narrow seat while others will adjust well.
The saddle installation needs to be easy enough for convenience. Our saddles come with a wrench as part of the seat to make it easy for the user. Some saddles will need specific wrenches which may mean having the store owner doing the installation for you for free or for an extra fee. Being able to do this by yourself is satisfying. Saddles that allow for the ease of installation are best.
The padding the saddle comes with support the sit bones well enough to reduce the pressure and soreness that may come with long hours of riding. Good padding is gel-filled which makes the seat soft enough to sit on. The padding works together with suspensions and the base width to provide an ideal seat for an overweight rider. You can feel the bike padding using your fingers before buying it.
- Go for a high-quality saddle with enough padding, strong rails, and long-lasting. Even if they cost a bit more, it is worth to buy one rather than switching a lot of different cheap quality saddles.
- The cover is a very important fact. Try to go for a leather or high-quality synthetic fabric.
- Do even think of buying a plastic wide saddle even if they are extremely big.
- An adequate wide saddle with a shorter nose is the primary characteristic of the saddle for a large woman.
- Although some saddles may look heavily padded with a large seat cover, they might not be as comfortable as your expectation.
Choose a saddle that will help you to love cycling, not hold you off for cycling. A great saddle will eliminate all your discomfort, will reduce the pressure around your soft tissue area, and will you distribute the weight equally rather than pushing on your sit bones. Once you find your desired saddle you will begin to love cycling. You will want to ride further and get more from your cycle.
5 most popular bike saddles (updated hourly)
- Most comfortable bike seats & covers for men
- Most comfortable bike seats for women
- Best gel bike seat cover
Last update on 2020-07-31 at 16:02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API